The Fundació Agricultors Solidaris began its work of cooperation with development, in 2001, with the object of lending support to projects emerging from the needs of workers hired in their country of origin. Over the years, we have funded cooperation projects in different countries such as Morocco, Bolivia and Colombia. The last of these is where most projects have been carried out, due to the large number of people hired.
The methodology used as a basis for these projects was Codevelopment, because of its contribution to development in origin and at destination.
The projects were headed by codevelopment agents (who detected the needs in the communities of origin and drove the project). These agents took part in the FAS codevelopment model, which consisted of the following phases:
- Training of codevelopment agents to present a viable initiative: in matters of codevelopment, project management, marketing, human rights, gender perspective…
- Validation of the initiative in the country of origin by experts, counterparts or local partners.
- Implementation of the Accompanying Plan to fit the project to the facts and make it fully viable (individualised tuition in each project).
- Implementation of the project: the FAS sought resources from public and private bodies to fund these initiatives.
- Monitoring and assessment of implemented projects by the beneficiaries, the experts involved, the counterparts and the local partners.
For 15 years (from 2010 to 2016), the FAS, thanks to its Codevelopment model, funded more than 200 projects, both family and community projects and projects of a productive and social type.