Fundación CEPAIM. Program for the promotion of intercultural coexistence in the educational field
- Address: C / Cañas, 34. 13004 Ciudad Real.
- Contact: Adolfo Patón Monge. Tel. 697 717 364
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.cepaim.org
This project is based on 5 axes of action to achieve its objectives:
- Promote new relationship and intervention strategies in the educational community by helping the educational center, family and local community acquire a place of importance for the promotion of socially inclusive activities.
- Help to create or strengthen spaces for participation and communication between formal education and non-formal education, in order to favor the encounter and the relationship between children, youth, educators and neighborhood and / or locality families in all their cultural diversity.
- Promote joint actions that enrich citizens from the diversity of the local.
- Promote sports, cultural, leisure and free time spaces, etc., from a preventive perspective that allows to establish open, flexible and respectful relationships that improve integration and coexistence in the educational field and in the neighborhood and / or locality.
- Support teachers, providing tools, training and teaching materials to work in cultural diversity contexts if necessary
The type of activities and scenarios that will be provided under the program will be adapted to the needs of the neighborhood and / or the locality. Some of them are being:
- Development of spaces for contact between families, students, teachers, non-formal and formal groups in the neighborhood, City Hall and technical resources at the local level, to publicize the Program, identify needs and demands, and reach a coordination and joint work agreement.
- Actions to promote the positive leadership of young people, offering support and training to motor groups of young people who can exert a positive influence on coexistence, social cohesion and intercultural relations in the neighborhood and / or the locality.
- Support for shared work leading to the realization of radio programs (local radio, if any, or podcast) in which the students, parents and teachers of different educational centers that value diversity in school.
- Promotion of healthy leisure activities; of productive use of free time; of meeting and communication spaces between young people from different cultural backgrounds, especially in non-formal spaces; of actions of coexistence and exchange in toy libraries, in summer schools, in sports venues, in artistic workshops, on excursions, at recesses, etc.
- Creation aid or, if it already exists, support for a stable collaboration space that allows continuous analysis of the problems that occur in the center: absenteeism, learning difficulties, school failure, violence school, conflict management, student social skills, eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, etc.), among others.
- Initiatives aimed at study orientation, school reinforcement, educational support, the development of social skills for living together, etc. to improve academic performance, fight against the school failure of students who present a curricular gap and regulate possible conflict situations.
- Facilitate the development of teacher training courses on skills and resources in the classroom, in the school and in the neighborhood and / or locality for the purpose of managing diversity. li >
- Strengthen dissemination strategies that give greater visibility to the actions carried out in schools, using various means of dissemination: magazines, radio programs, new technologies (blogs, social networks, etc. .).
- Workshops on the sense of belonging to the local community and cultural identity with teachers in schools.