Intercultural awareness program and participation of migrant families in school.
- Address: Plaza Santa María Soledad Torres Acosta, 2. 28004 Madrid
- Contact: Asturias.email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.accem.es
This program promotes the participation of migrant families in the educational community and in the process of social integration of minors. It constitutes a link between the educational community and the immigrant collective, intervening in educational and social aspects.
Promote social participation and cohesion through intercultural education with the involvement of the entire educational community
- Serve as support, reinforcement and complement to the activities carried out by educational centers to promote an attitude of respect, valuation and reception of immigrants and their cultural contributions. (OE 1)
- Generate an intercultural meeting space within the reception community that favors the knowledge of the culture of origin of immigrants. (OE 2)
- Promote communication, mutual help and cooperation between native and foreign families. (OE 3).
Activities carried out
- Information to families about our educational system: the offer that exists, the stages, the functioning of the centers, the curricula, the methodology, the promotion, the financial aid and the procedures to access the same, etc. The task is not limited to the transmission of information, but direct mediation activities are carried out between the school community and the collective, translation and intermediation work, as well as support in the management of different types of scholarships and aid. LI>
- Family schools. Multicultural meeting groups, between native and immigrant families, equal families, that go through similar situations, facilitate an environment of trust and self -esteem to be able to function in the parental role that find it more coherent and adequate. Spanish as a foreign language in the educational centers to which their sons and daughters come. those aspects that consider relevant, relevant and/or representative of their own culture in order to know and contribute to the elimination of topics and stereotypes. This is the key to the issue: only the knowledge of the other can avoid prejudice. In intercultural awareness activities, the entire educational community participates
Assessment, continuity and conclusions of the project
This is fundamentally a program of continuity and expansion of different actions that since 2007 have been developed in a way & nbsp; set with educational centers. It is a consolidated project that contributes to breaking many barriers through an & NBSP relationship; uninstitutionalized and close. & nbsp;
There are numerous materials generated for the development of activities: Presentations on Origin Cultures, Materials for the School of Family, etc. & nbsp;