RED ACOGE. Educational and social integration for immigrant students
This project consists of educational actions that the organizations of RED ACOGE in the localities of Barcelona, Córdoba, Lucena, Murcia, Elche, Valladolid, Orihuela and Vigo carry out in favor of the group of migrant minors and their families in a situation of vulnerability, with the intention that these actions favor the maximum development of all students and the cohesion of all members of the educational community.
The work of associations, groups and groups has an increasingly important importance in the development of values and social participation in the communities for the construction of a more solidary future. The attention we offer consists of:
- Reception Plan and social integration
- School support and language integration
- Intercultural education
The basis for the development of the activities we carry out are the principles of Intercultural Education:
- Meaningful learning.
- Interdisciplinarity and transversality.
- Collaborative work.
- In the teaching-learning processes, interaction between students, teachers, family, social agents, neutralizing the possible effects of uprooting and taking advantage of the richness of cultural diversity.
- Equal rights.
- Expression and experience of identity, based on mutual respect in a framework of democratic rights and duties.
- Understanding reality from different perspectives, “empathy”.
- Entrance of all cultures in the center, in the classroom and in the different subjects.
Activities carried out
Block 1: Reception, guidance and prevention of truancy
- 1.1 School information service and attention to immigrant families to facilitate access to schooling, scholarships and grants.
- 1.2 Accompaniment and / or referral to standardized resources
Block 2: Training, school support and educational reinforcement
- 2.1 School support classes and socio-educational reinforcement in extracurricular hours
- 2.2 Preparation classes for obtaining the degree of the E.S.A.
Block 3: Activities with families
- 3.1 Family school
- 3.2 Actions for the involvement of families in the school: talks, meetings, accompaniment to tutorials
Block 4: Awareness Activities for the prevention of racist and xenophobic attitudes and the promotion of interculturality
- 4.1 Days to promote interculturality with the entire educational community
- 4.2 Workshops to prevent discriminatory attitudes towards students in schools
Block 5: Leisure and free time activities and participation
- 5.1 Information on leisure and free time resources in the area and mediation for the inclusion of immigrant children and families in activities.
- 5.2 Leisure activities and cultural outings with families
- 5.3. Social participation workshop
- 5.4. Meeting and leisure activities with young immigrants and natives
- 5.5 Activities with minors during holiday periods